Sunday 23 September 2012

At last I've got round to reading the Book Lovers' Appreciation Society!

I bought the Book Lovers' Appreciation Society a few years ago, and stuck it on a bookshelf and never got around to reading it until now, and I'm sorry it took me so long!
So many of my favourite authors are there like Maeve Binchy, Katie Fforde, Deborah Lawrenson, Mark Mills, Santa Montifiore, Jojo Moyes, Elizabeth Noble to name but eight! It's a real treat to find a short story, or novel for that matter, from someone whose work you love, but to find so many in this book is fantastic. On the other hand it's a wonderful opportunity to try some new authors (to me) like: Nicci French, Victoria Hislop, and Jane Elizabeth Varley.
No need to mention that the stories are wonderful, and Gerri Halliwell says in her introduction that the book is like 'a cosy box of chocolates' she couldn't stop at one and had to read more. I have to agree!
£1 from your purchase is donated to Breast Cancer Care, so it's a worthwhile buy as well.

2 comments: