Tuesday 25 September 2012

A Grand Day Out at Buckingham Palace

Twenty years ago, I inherited my mum's china tea service, and too good to use everyday, I always thought it would come in useful if the Queen ever popped in for tea.
Imagine my surprise then, when we went to Buckingham Palace for a tour recently, and were given paper cups in the Garden Cafe!
Honestly though, I suppose that china cups with Buckingham Palace emblazoned on them would not last the day and be smuggled out in any bag that the visitor had to hand!
However, apart from the small problem with the paper cups, the rest of the day was wonderful, not to mention that lovely strawberry cake. Yum!


7 comments:

  1. That's quite funny, Jean! I guess they think people are welcome to the paper cups if they can keep them intact. I expect the tour must have been fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was. You can really let your imagination flow and imagine you're there for some important occasion or even to receive an honour!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are, Jean. Buckingham palace Garden Party would certainly get me to go to London! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bet that was an interesting experience. The cake looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh tea at the Palace sounds great even in a paper cup - and that cake looks sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. The tours finish for this year on 7th October, and start again next summer. The good thing is that you can use your ticket again within twelve months, so I might just do that :)
    I could certainly eat another piece of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paper cups! Who'd have thought you'd have those at Buckingham Palace? Mind you, I'd still love to visit there.

    ReplyDelete