Monday 6 August 2012

The Cornish House by Liz Fenwick is a really good read.

I was lucky enough to buy The Cornish House at the RNA Conference at Penrith and get it signed by Liz Fenwick and I've really enjoyed reading it.
The characters are drawn so well:  Maddie who has been widowed and is bringing up her stepdaughter, Hannah, has a guilty secret which kept me guessing until nearly the end. Hannah, having lost her father who died and her mother who walked out, is understandably the teenager from hell, and I wondered if Liz actually knew such a girl, but I hope not! Then there is the gorgeous Mark who Maddie is not sure about, and the charming Gunnar for love interest, not to mention her new Cornish friend, Tamsin, urging her on to make the right decisions. Of course, there is the house itself which belonged to Maddie's aunt, and the secret that it hides until Maddie and Hannah discover the answer. All in all it is a fabulous summer read, or indeed for any time of the year.
What is your favourite book about Cornwall?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a lovely review and I'm thrilled you enjoyed it!
    lx

    ReplyDelete