Sunday 17 November 2013

Every Picture Tells a Story

Bands of Gold at Yellowstone
I was lucky enough to be Highly Commended for this photo in a local arts and crafts exhibition. I just wanted to see if I could get anywhere with my photos, so I was quite pleased:)
I think pictures are very important, and in fact, I can't start writing my blog without putting in a photo first!
Recently, I was struggling to write a chapter for my work in progress. In fact I've been putting it off for a long time, because this particular bit is set in France in the First World War. However, I came across a photograph taken at the time of exactly what I wanted, and starting by describing the scene, I found that I was able to continue with the rest.
Have you been inspired to write by a picture?

2 comments:

  1. Really like that photo, Jean - well done on achieving such high praise! I absolutely love pictures and paintings and have used more than one painting as inspiration for a story - one of which was prize winning. It's one of the reasons I'm now enjoying Pinterest - all that visual beauty and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosemary, I haven't looked at Pinterest yet, perhaps I should!

      Delete